Medicinal benefits and side effects of Cinnamon
Cinnamon is an evergreen tree with oval-shaped leaves, thick bark, and a berry fruit .The bark and leaves are the main parts of the plant used. Cinnamon is a highly delicious spice used in preparing food. People of diffrent part of world have been using honey and cinnamon to treat many different health situations for centuries. Folk wisdom still retains knowledge of the healing properties of both raw honey and cinnamon.
Health benefits of Cinnamon-
- Cinnamon for Diabetes: Consumption of Cinnamon regulates diabetes. Especially type 2 diabetes. Research has shown that consumption of this spice reduces blood glucose levels in the blood. Eating 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder reduces blood sugar levels. With this consumption, the level of glucose in Type 2 diabetes can be reduced from 18 to 24 percent. You can also read how to cure diabetes by homeopathy and home remedies.
- Cinnamon for Cholesterol: Cinnamon is also beneficial for Heart’s Health. The enzyme found in it reduces triglyceride and cholesterol. Regular consumption of it is less likely to lead to heart attack.
- Cinnamon for Alzheimer’s: Alzheimer’s is the brain’s disease, in which the brain’s nervous system stops working. Research shows that when the cinnamon juice is given regularly to the patient of Alzheimer’s, the nervous system that receives messages to the brain starts working better. A special type of protein is found in cinnamon which activates the muscles of the brain, causing the message and sensation in the brain. It has been said that due to eating cinnamon. To avoid Alzheimer’s disease, mixing cinnamon in honey, it should be kept in the empty stomach regularly.
- Cinnamon for Arthritis and Joint Pain: Cinnamomum is found in a chemical compound called cinnamon, in which anti-inflammatory properties are found it is an effective home remedies for arthritis and joint pain. Grind the cinnamon well with water and make a paste. Apply it on the painful place for relaxation.
- Cinnamon for Digestion: Magnesium, fiber, calcium and oil are found in large amounts in cinnamon. The essential oils helps to regulate the action of gastric juices on food, improves digestion assimilation and its anti-inflammatory properties helps to reduce the inflammation caused due to indigestion.
- Cinnamon for Weight loss: Fat people should also use cinnamon as it contains digestive properties that help in weight loss by regulating the breakdown of carbohydrates. Mix one spoon of cinnamon powder in the tea and boil it in a glass and take it off. Mix two tablespoons of honey in it and drink it half an hour before breakfast and before going to sleep in night. By doing this regularly the unnecessary fat of the body ends and even eating more calories, the body fat does not increase and the weight decreases.
- Cinnamon for Cold and Cough: Cinnamon is useful in cough and cold as it has extremely high anti-oxidant activity. By taking spoonful of honey and a pinch of cinnamon powder in the morning and evening gives relief in cough and cold. Combine a pinch of cinnamon and pinch of black pepper in a Luke warm water and consume the mixture. It gives relief from sore throat and common cold. Mix cinnamon powder in water and make a paste of it. Apply it on the forehead, it provides comfort in headache cause due to cold and cough.
- Cinnamon for Bladder Infections: Take 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder and 1 teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It will destroys the germs in the bladder.
- Cinnamon for Immune System: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacterial and viral infections.
Side effects of eating too much cinnamon -
Liver Damage: Cinnamon contains high amounts of coumarin. Studies have shown that eating too much coumarin may increase the risk of liver toxicity and damage.
Mouth Sores: Some people are allergic to a compound in cinnamon called cinnamaldehyde, it can cause mouth sores. It only affect people who use too much cinnamon oil or chewing gum, as these products contain more cinnamaldehyde.
Low Blood Sugar: Cinnamon may help lower your blood sugar, eating too much may cause it to fall too low.
Interact With Certain Medications:If eaten in large amounts, cinnamon may interact with medications for diabetes, heart disease and liver disease. It may either enhance their effects or increase their side effects.